Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Art of Common People

God's awesome. Just wanted to start out by saying that.

Today's devotion was about how Jesus' ministry and the people he was with were completely common, and that's great news to me. I see myself as common...in a manner of speaking. I mean, I know that I'm unique and that God has given me gifts apart from other people, but I'm not anyone of fame or great reputation, and yet I am therefore the type of person that God is looking for. Naturally, He can use the great and famous, and they have a far-reaching impact when they live for God, but somewhere in the Bible it says that God uses the weak to shame the strong. It is through the work of the common man that God's glory best shines, because no one can say that it is the man's talents or abilities that made this or that task possible, but it could only have been done by the power of the Lord. That's cool.

Today's Scripture was the book of Hebrews, and to be honest, I don't really understand it. I'd like to do a Bible study on that book, like maybe over two weekends or something. It's pretty small. I'll talk to some people at the fellowship and maybe we could do one.

2 comments:

Kay Hautea said...

Oo me! I'll do it!

Kay Hautea said...

You know, Rich, you can (you should) post in here about what God's showing you outside of your daily quiet time & devotions. Could help you sort everything out =)