Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Marred

Today's Daily Bread was very fitting to the way I feel right now. It talked about how sin damages us, and how Jesus' purpose for coming to earth was to remove those sins. I sure am glad for that, because I mess up A LOT.

Lately, I've been feeling really weak spiritually. It's as if I have no self-control or desire to do the things of the Lord. I suppose everyone feels like this occasionally, but I feel like this has been going on for a long time. I know it's because I don't spend enough time in prayer and reading the Bible, and yet I still refuse to establish habits for these things.

A friend once told me that a good thing must be done consistently for 21 days on average before it becomes a habit. So that's what I'm going to do. I will write here every day for the next 21 days, not only as a means of communicating with God and with others, but as a way to keep me accountable. Keep me in prayer!

No comments: