Saturday, December 19, 2009

New Orders

I can't believe it's been two weeks since I last wrote. Finals week has a lot to do with that, and though I had been putting off my Bible reading at first (which had less-than-optimal consequences), I got back into it when finals started. It's kinda funny; you'd think that taking time away from studying to read the Bible would hurt your exam scores, but I think it helped. I could feel God helping me remember how to answer questions, and I believe He was more willing to help because I had my priorities straight.

Anyway, now I'm home for Christmas, and I feel a bit weird. I've worked so hard for awhile, and everything is swiftly changing gears now. My true challenge is continuting to be productive and heeding God's will for each day. Now instead of concentrating on my studies, there are a million other smaller things which I know God would want me to do with my free time.

That's one of the harder things for me to do, I think: will I listen to God's direction and do what He asks without hesitation or questioning, or will I weigh His will against my own and decide which one "feels" like it will be more satisfying? Obviously the former will be the most rewarding in the end, but it's surprising how many times I choose the latter.

By the way, I started reading this book called "Fearless" by Max Lucado for a Sunday School class I'm in. I highly recommend it. It is awesome.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I can relate all too well to the abrupt transition between finals and relaxation and NO school work. I love it, but it's hard to find other ways to be equally as productive. I guess investing in my relationships with family members is how I've settled into continuing some level of productivity...and, to be honest, I like it a lot better than the academic kind of productivity. ;)

And, break's not even close to being over for you! See you tomorrow!