Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Day 22: The King's Colors

Big day for me, so this is gonna be quick...

God's love should always be visible through our own lives. Jesus said that people will know that we are His disciples if we show love for one another. So, it seems that Jesus had the perfect recursive plan when He gave us the two greatest commandments. The first is to love the Lord with all we have; it is the reason we exist. The second is to love others as ourselves; it shows our love for the Lord to others, and encourages them to show love to God, perpetuating the cycle. Brilliant!

The Scripture today finished up Song of Songs. I think I ought to read some commentary on that book, 'cause I don't really understand it. The language is beautiful, but I'm not certain how it pertains to our Christian walk (besides the observation that the book gives us an idea of how much God loves the church and how the church should pine for God).

1 comment:

Kay Hautea said...

RICH!!! We should talk about Song of Songs when I get back, because I've actually read some interesting commentaries on it (and studied part of it in my Freshman writing seminar) and I'd love to get a group together and talk it out. What do you think?