Monday, March 30, 2009

Work in Progress

Living for God is a good thing. I can't say that I'm always living for Him--no one is perfect--but I am consistently trying now. The nice thing about God is that He will give us the strength and wisdom we need if we sincerely intend to use that power to become more like Christ.

Walking down the path God has laid out is a hard road. I feel that I am more aware of my shortcomings than ever before. Yet at the same time, I am encouraged that God is making them more prevalent so that I can allow Him to remove them. I am overcome by His patience and benevolence, thinking about all the ways I hurt Him every day and how He chooses to love me anyway. I think Brad Stine said it best when he noted that the great thing about Christianity is that it takes you in spite of yourself.

My greatest prayer is that when God calls on me to act so that His will can be carried out, I will simply obey. Thankfully, God makes that possible when the time comes, as long as I don't resist. I want to be like the people in the Bible who just allowed God to work through them without worrying what others would think of them. That would be awesome.

Anyway, since I last wrote, things have taken a turn for the better. I just need to keep relying on God, since that's the only way progress can be made anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You simply must call me. I'll be on the road all day--a captive audience, as it were.

Kay Hautea said...

helloooooo???