Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sick

So, on Tuesday I felt a scratchiness at the back of my throat and didn't pay it much attention. By Tuesday night, I had a full-on drip, fever, and headache, and when I woke up on Wednesday, I knew the day was shot. So Major Tylenol and I bunkered up in my room and waged war against the common cold with orange juice, oatmeal, and LOTS of water. After 11 hours of sleep last night, I'm feeling much better today and decided to give the Major leave as of about an hour ago. Hopefully I won't regret that in a few hours.

The one nice thing about being sick is that you appreciate the little things in life a lot more, like the ability to walk to class without getting winded. It's also slowed me down to take stock of my life at the moment, and to be honest, my priorities are seriously out of order. Too much leisure and not enough work getting done. Time to fix that.

No comments: