Monday, October 11, 2010

Big Weekend

Class was canceled last Friday, so I used the extra time to head over to Vassar and catch up with my friends. A few of them kept mentioning a praise-and-worship night that might be happening that evening, and to be honest, I was hoping it wouldn't happen because I wanted to goof off and have fun while I was there. But it did happen, and I am super glad it did. It seems that worshipping God is going to be boring right up until you make up your mind to do it, and then the Holy Spirit kicks in and you find that you're enjoying yourself. It shouldn't be surprising--after all, worshipping God is our reason for existence!--and yet it usually is. So, consider yourself encouraged to praise the Lord.

My dad's 50th birthday was also just yesterday. I am living proof that your walk with God can (and probably will) drastically affect your child's walk with God; I know that the Bible contains everything we need to know about living for God, but my dad has always been a tangible plumbline. Thanks, Dad!

1 comment:

Kay Hautea said...

here's what needs to happen the next time you + I visit Vassar: 1) another praise & worship sesh, 2) lots of goofing off and having fun, 3) catan, 4) CRIKE, CRIKE, CRIKE... last time I was there, I visited the Jewett pool table and it's still as busted as ever... but just on that one side, haha, good times. rinse & repeat!!