Monday, October 4, 2010

"Pray and read your Bible!"

Before I went to college, one of the jokes my friends and I had was that whenever you were asked a question in Sunday school, the answer was always, "Pray and read your Bible!" What made it funny was that it was usually true. I've come to realize that it's actually a pretty good answer for anything pertaining to life.

What I'm driving at here is that if you aren't praying and reading your Bible on at least a daily basis, you are seriously missing out on a lot that God has to offer. I'm not saying that I consistently do, but when I do, life is easier to live for God, and that always leads to good things.

I'm writing about this because I am getting back into reading my Bible after a few weeks of not being consistent with it, and it feels good! Prayer is something I continue to struggle with. It isn't something that comes naturally to me, but I will keep trying.

No comments: