Monday, October 4, 2010

Time for a quick rant!

Sometimes trusting God is really, REALLY hard. I know I can't be the only one who feels like this. Sometimes, there's just this burning desire to have something NOW, and it might even be a good thing! But for whatever reason, it's not the right time or it will hurt your walk with God, so He denies it.

Whenever I feel like this, I often imagine what God must be thinking. I picture Him, looking at me with a mixture of sympathy, love, and wisdom. He says something along the lines of:

"I understand. I know that you want this, and I would love nothing more than to see you happy. But I can see further than you, and I know what this will lead to. Please, accept my judgment on this. Trust me. And I promise you that one day, you will look back on this moment, and see how much better everything turned out because you obeyed. And when that day comes, you will also gain an experience to draw on for encouragement the next time something like this comes up!"

Then, He gives me a fatherly hug, and says, "I love you. Hang tough, ok?"

Haha, alright. Feeling better now. :-)

1 comment:

Kay Hautea said...

wow... super blog reload, looks great. content = also awesome. glad to see you're getting back into the swing of things, Rich. you inspire me :) talk soon, hopefully. we should plan a trip up to the Vass when you've got some free time, hopefully before the end of the semester :)